North Carolina school launching online MBA degree program next yearNorth Carolina State University’s College of Management recently announced a new online MBA option that is geared toward working professionals, reports the school's student newspaper.

College officials told the news source that this program will allow students to finish their education from an out-of-state location while having the credits they previously earned count toward the completion on their degree

Individuals who choose to enroll in this program will attend web-based classes and take part in a four-day communications training course as well as an international studies trip to East Asia or South America. Although students can earn this degree within two years, school officials added that this course of study can not be conducive to students who want to earn a dual-degree

"Competition in business today is global, and for companies to be successful, they have to understand competitors that they may face tomorrow," Steven Allen, associate dean for graduate programs and research at the school, told the news source. "We want to make sure that all of our students, when they exit the program, have a mindset that gets them thinking about opportunities and threats outside the American borders."

According to the U.S. News and World Report, enrollment in online programs has increased by 832 percent over the past nine years.